On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Andre Poenitz wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 12:27:10PM +0100, Christian Ridderström wrote:
> > I like it because once you've installed a version of the software
> > properly, you can usually very easy go back and use that version
> > even if you've installed a later version. I've got these lyx modules:
> > >module avail lyx
> I never install LyX but run it from the build dir. I.e. something like
>
>   alias lyx=/usr/src/lyx-build/src/lyx
>   alias lyx12x=/usr/src/lyx-12x-build/src/lyx
>   alias lyx130=/usr/src/lyx-130-build/src/lyx
>
> is completely sufficient for me.

Ok, I guess that's good for you then. For me it's useful when I'm late for
a deadline and discover that the combo lyx-130, ghostscript/8.00 and
xdvi 22.05 doesn't really work. Then it's nice to _easily_ be able to
try ghostscript/6.52 etc.

So I guess it would be more useful if you were using some other problem
that called "lyx", and you'd like it to use a different version of lyx.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström, +46-8-790 91 37           http://www.md.kth.se/~chr
Mechatronics lab, Dept. of Machine Design        http://www.md.kth.se