Hi Claus,

Claus> What went wrong?

Claus> 1) New Cygwin runs autoconf 2.57 which isn't supported in
Claus> autogen.sh (There was a topic in lyx-devel concerning that,
Claus> too). A change in line 22 did it: - *2.5[2346]) + *2.5[23467])

Done.

Claus> 2) autogen.sh's output was: cp config/relyx_configure.ac: No
Claus> such file ... Generating acinclude.m4 ... cat: pkg.m4: No such
Claus> file

Claus> Any idea? It seems that we don't have to care about it because
Claus> ./configure was okay.

The files were indeed missing. Fixed.

Claus> 3) config/libtool.m4: Using libtool (created with that m4 file)
Claus> the file impgen.c will be created nearly before linking the
Claus> executable lyx. To create impgen.c sed is told to remove all
Claus> leading '# ' combinations. Unfortenately there are a few lines
Claus> starting with '#<tab>'. Those lines of course will produce
Claus> syntax errors in a C/C++ file!

What would be a good fix for that? Shall I remove the tabs?

Claus> 4) Linking lyx using Xforms 1.0 does produce a lot of
Claus> unresolved errors to fl_flget4MSBF fl_flget4LSBF fl_flget2LSBF
Claus> fl_readpint All errors are told to be in functions located in
Claus> libflimage.a. nm shows the missing entries to be in libforms.a.
Claus> The link command includes ... -lforms -lflimage .... Changing
Claus> tthe order into ... -lflimage -lforms .... was successfull!
Claus> (I'll check that with my Linux libraries because it is strange
Claus> to change the order if it does run on other systems)

That makes sense indeed. I'll take a look.