On 25 Feb 2003, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Joao> Is there someone with a recent tetex that can confirm if the
> Joao> option --src-specials to latex is enabled?
>
> Note that since LyX generates the LaTeX code by itself, it would not
> be too difficult to add src-special by ourselves, for example at each
> new paragraph or new line.

There is a small problem here that I noticed when playing with this
stuff about 2 weeks ago.  If we generate the src-specials ourselves we
have to provide a filename and a paragraph number.  Sounds simple
enough _but_ if we use LyX's paragraph id as the paragraph number we
can have non-sequential numbering in the output file (since if we
insert a paragraph at the start of the document it won't be numbered 0
or 1 it will n+1 where n is the number of paragraphs that have been
inserted into the buffer starting at load time).  This situation is
okay so long as we do the reverse search in the same buffer as
generated the dvi.

If we keep a separate tally of the number of paragraphs written and
then use the lyxserver to do the reverse lookup we must count
paragraphs from the beginning of the buffer and not lookup the
paragraph id.

This might seem minor but it does complicate things.

That said the source specials do offer a character offset entry
which would allow us to setup reverse links from any inset also.

Allan. (ARRae)