It seems that 1.3.1 is beginning to have enough fixes in to warrant a
release. While there are no real show stopper in 1.3.0 (which is a
good thing), what we have now in 1.3.1cvs gives a lot of polish.

There are things I would like to add before release

- when a textclass is not found, revert to article instead of the
  first in the list.

- linking problems with cygwin

- What else? Tell me...

The there are things that I think should wait for 1.3.2
- the spell checking fixes from John

- a more complete solution to the unknown textclass problem (like what
  Michael proposed)

- A fix to bug 605 (problems with recursively included files). I have
  a partial fix for that already.

- also, I am wondering whether a (simplified) version of Alfredo's
  work on preview queues could go in at some time. Note that I do not
  know whether this makes sense since (1) I do not use large docs with
  images and (2) I did not read the patch very carefully, but it seemed
  reasonably short at the time.

So, what else do you think should be done?

You can find a list of bugs pending for 1.3.1 at URL
http://bugzilla.lyx.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&&target_milestone=1.3.1

I'd be glad if some of you could take the time to check it out (or fix
a bug or two if you are feeling adventurous). Let me recall that all
these fixes have been checked in the branch BRANCH_1_3_X, which you
can get with the command
  cvs checkout -d lyx-1_3_x -r BRANCH_1_3_X lyx-devel

JMarc

[In this list, I try to group things by topics, and in decreasing
importance order. This is of course subjective...]

What's new
==========

** Updates

- when there is vertical space between paragraphs, the amount of space
  is also indicated in the small/medium/large case [bug #814]

- reLyX improvements: support for natib citations, for 'm' column descriptors
  in tables; a .lyx file generated by reLyX now says this.

- new classes mwart, mwbk and mwrep (adaptation of the base classes to
  polish conventions); new class elsart (for journals published by
  Elsevier); updated classes koma-script (in particular new class scrlttr2)

- new "polski" keymap, useful for entering Polish on a QWERTY keyboard

- updated french and polish translation of menus

- updates to the Extended and Customization manuals

** Bug fixes

- fix mathed bug where curly brackets in, e.g. {a^b}^c, would get lost
  and cause TeX errors

- delete lyxserver pipes on exit [bug #865, Qt only]

- fix bug where "lyx -e" would refuse to work [bug #788, Qt only]

- graphics that have been set to not display in LyX are no longer
  converted [bug #920]

- squash a potential bug in the PreviewLoader before it bites.

- don't cause a warning message to complain about starting an already running
  timer. Just don't start it ;-)

- prevent incorrect warning message about failing to find a graphics file to
  load when all is actually fine and dandy.

- The printer parameter preferences for "spool command" and "file
  extension" were accidentally made the same [Qt only]

- Update the language of the text after changing the document language.

- fix display of right quote inset

- fix off-by-one error in placement of error insets

- fix bug where opening the tabular dialog would mark the document as
  changed [bug #849, Qt only]

- duplicate 'A' shortcut in spellchecker dialog fixed [bug #884, Qt
  only]

- duplicate 'i' shortcut in paragraph dialog fixed [bug #918, Qt only]

- some tab-navigation problems in dialogs fixed [Qt only]

- in the BibTeX dialog, fix the browsing mechanism of *.sty files and
  remove the unused Update button [bug #773, Qt only]

- fix some dialogs to make OK the default button [bug #921, Qt only]

- fix various problems with paper size selection [bug #844 and #866]

- duplicate 'a' shortcut in graphics dialog fixed [XForms only]

- fix bug where changing encoding of screen fonts would not work
  immediately [XForms only]

- in the dialogs, replace LaTeX font size names by LyX names for
  consistency reasons and to resolve a translation conflict

- revert is now disabled for an unchanged or unsaved document [bug #783]

- enable the debug level to be set in lyx2lyx

- fix detection of fax programs

- fix strerror() build problem with some gcc/glibc versions [bug #874]

- fix compilation on OpenBSD

- mention in INSTALL file that the qt frontend is selected using
  --with-frontend=qt

- fix problem in generation of the reLyX and noweb2lyx scripts

- add a few autoconf-related files that were missing from the
  distribution

- improve the lyx.spec file used to produce rpms