On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 04:09:37PM +0000, Angus Leeming wrote:
> As John has noted, these differnet LFUNs are sufficiently similar to make
> the thought of collapsing them together attractive.
>
> My question: should I use these switches or should I use if-blocks?

>         case LFUN_INDEX_APPLY:
>         case LFUN_REF_APPLY: {
>                 dispatch_result result = UNDISPATCHED;
>
>                 string name;
>                 switch (ev.action) {
>                 case LFUN_INDEX_APPLY: name = "index"; break;
>                 case LFUN_REF_APPLY:   name = "ref";   break;
>                 default: break;
>                 }

What about a function

  string getNameOfTheBeast(whatever)
  {
    if (whatever == LFUN_INDEX_APPLY)
      return "index";
    if (whatever == LFUN_REF_APPLY)
      return "ref";
  }

?

>                         switch (ev.action) {
>                         case LFUN_INDEX_APPLY:
>                                 inset = new InsetIndex(params);
>                                 break;
>                         case LFUN_REF_APPLY:
>                                 inset = new InsetRef(params, *buffer_);
>                                 break;
>                         default:
>                                 break;
>                         }

This can't go to the factory? This is it's purpose after all...

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)