On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 03:04:09PM +0100, Andre Poenitz wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 08:39:21AM -0500, Kuba Ober wrote:
> > I can compile it for you using latest commercial Qt3 (enterprise) as long as
> > you put proper exclusion in the license.

> > I have done it several times with other software, and it's perfectly OK
> > (legal).

> But that would still mean you need approval of all contributors to change
> the licence, wouldn't it?

No.  Permission was never obtained to switch to the current purported
license.  Lyx has always had a big hole in the GPL that allows this, and
the hole cannot be fixed without permission of all contributors.

hawk, esq.
--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700      \ /   against HTML mail