On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, John Levon wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 08:23:01PM +0100, Alfredo Braunstein wrote:
>
> > It could also become cyclic.
>
> It used to be (which explains why there was only one icon there in the
> first place) but that's  really not good UI (see the list archives)

UI smUI.

redraw the arrow as a cycle?

 /->-\
 |   |
 \-<-/

(hopefully a little prettier than this nightmare)

> > We could try to setup some kind of contest.
>
> yep ... or just see if we can borrow some people from the kde or gnome
> art teams

Better yet, just steal the icons they've already drawn -- with an
appropriate reference in CREDITS and maybe README or something --
assuming the icons are also distributed as GPL/LGPL with their
corresponding sources.

People will recognise the icons and say "oh look, a file-opening icon"
etc. and by association will know what most of the toolbar icons do.

And we get sexy high colour icons for free!

Well most of them anyway.  We just need a few that aren't already
covered by existing apps icon sets.

Allan. (ARRae)