On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 05:34:54PM +0100, Andre Poenitz wrote:

> So what about the two-stage drawing?
>
> Give the insets a small cache of width/ascent/descent (you could steal from
> math_diminset I suppose), fill the cache of an inset in the first stage
> according to the size of the contents of the inset, and do all the drawing
> in the second stage...

I'm not sure the actual drawing is slowest, it's not showing up big time
in the profiles. Things like singleWidth() are.

I'm not really sure how I'd implement what you're suggesting anyway. We
already have inset->width() ...

And I seriously doubt I have enough understanding to do it. I have never
worked out what the hell Inset::scroll() does, for example. Or the exact
semantics of InsetCollapsable::need_update.

john