Angus Leeming wrote:

> If it were stored with a relative path in subdir/file.eps and I cut it and
> pasted it into a new buffer with a different buffer->filePath(), we failed
> to find the graphics file.

Actually, this description is exactly wrong ;-)

If the file is stored with a relative path and I either cut it or copy it
and then paste it into a buffer with a different buffer->filePath(), then
LyX _finds_ and displays it. Of course, no file exists at this absolute
(new buffer) + (relative path to graphic file) location, so we should fail
to find it and display nothing.

And yes, the bug still exists. Ie, paste is shoving in the "wrong" inset.

--
Angus