On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 03:36:00PM +0100, John Levon wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 04:26:34PM +0200, Andre Poenitz wrote:
>
> > "floating text inset"? (simple, but "unusal")
>
> Floating ?

within the paragraph. Much like InsetOptional.

> > Text inset fixed to the first position of par? (not so simple, but more
> > similar to current "fisrt word is label" hack)
>
> A proper layout engine indeed is not simple (at least, not starting from
> where we are now). But it's the right way. And I woon't agree with a
> usability-harming hack approach instead of that.
>
> So frankly I think we must live with this horrific label code until such
> a time they can be implemented as frames/insets properly.

With the 'much like InsetOptional' approach we could have 'labels as
insets' in an hour or so.

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have,
nor do they deserve, either one.     (T. Jefferson or B. Franklin or both...)