My prior committee chair (for Cub Scouts) needs an update
to an old document, except I can't read it with the lyx from CVS.

Can someone take a look at it?

--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan  | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)
http://sylvan.com/~kayvan | "crown of her husband" | Robin Gregory (2/28/92)
#LyX 1.3 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 223
\textclass article
\begin_preamble
\usepackage{multicol}
\hyphenpenalty 10000
\end_preamble
\language english
\inputencoding auto
\fontscheme pslatex
\graphics default
\paperfontsize default
\spacing single
\papersize Default
\paperpackage a4
\use_geometry 1
\use_amsmath 0
\use_natbib 0
\use_numerical_citations 0
\paperorientation portrait
\leftmargin 0.5in
\topmargin 0.25in
\rightmargin 0.5in
\bottommargin 0.5in
\headheight 0in
\headsep 0in
\footskip 0in
\secnumdepth 3
\tocdepth 3
\paragraph_separation indent
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language english
\quotes_times 2
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 1
\paperpagestyle empty
\tracking_changes 0
\end_header

\layout Standard
\line_top \align center

\series bold
\size largest
\emph on
Sign up to be a part of Cub Scouts Pack 224!
\layout Standard
\line_bottom \align center

\series bold
\size largest
\emph on
Join us for major scouting fun in 2003-2004!
\layout Subsection*
\added_space_top bigskip
Cub Scouts Do Fun Things!
\layout Standard

\begin_inset ERT
status Collapsed

\layout Standard

\backslash
begin{multicols}{2}
\end_inset

\layout Itemize

Meet other boys your own age!
\layout Itemize

Visit firehouses, police stations, stay overnight on a real submarine and
 aircraft carrier.
\layout Itemize

Use your brains and earn awards in everything from engineering, geology,
 computers.
\layout Itemize

Wear a cool uniform, go places and see things!
\layout Itemize

Learn about and play all sorts of sports - soccer, basketball, baseball,
 swimming.
\layout Itemize

Build fun things, like pinewood race cars, kites, and bird houses.
\layout Itemize

Learn how to properly display the American flag and perform flag ceremonies.
\layout Itemize

Create your own secret codes.
\layout Itemize

Go on hikes and learn about wildlife.
\layout Itemize
\added_space_bottom 0.3cm
Attend Scout summer camp where you can learn archery and shooting!
\layout Standard

\begin_inset ERT
status Collapsed

\layout Standard

\backslash
columnbreak
\end_inset

\layout Standard
\added_space_top 0.3cm \added_space_bottom 0.3cm \align center

\begin_inset Graphics
        filename ../img/garf2.eps
        lyxscale 50
        display color
        width 75col%
        rotateOrigin center

\end_inset

\layout Standard

\begin_inset ERT
status Collapsed

\layout Standard

\backslash
end{multicols}
\end_inset

\layout Subsection*

For Parents: The Program in a nutshell:
\layout Itemize

Tiger Cubs - First grade (or age 7).
\newline
Boys in the first grade learn new skills
 with an adult family member.
 They work together and attend a monthly event with other Tiger Cubs.
\layout Itemize

Cub Scouts - Second or Third grade (ages 8 to 9).
\newline
Scouts continue learning
 and fulfilling requirements in the Wolf Scout Book (for second graders)
 and the Bear Scout Book (for third graders).
 They earn badges related to each of the major areas of a balanced life:
 character development and spiritual growth, family life, good sportsmanship,
 communication, sense of duty, patriotism, decision making, etc.
\layout Itemize

Webelo Scouts - Fourth or Fifth grade (age 10 to 11).
\newline
This two year program
 is a transition period into the Boy Scouts.
 During this time, the requirements for advancements increase in difficulty.
 The boys are challenged to take greater ownership and responsibility in
 preparation for becoming full fledged boy scouts.
\layout Standard
\added_space_top medskip \align center

\size larger
Cub Scouts Pack 224 Recruitment Night
\layout Standard
\align center

\series bold
\size larger
Tuesday, October 7th at 7:00PM
\layout Standard
\align center

\size larger
Almaden Elementary School
\layout Standard
\align center

\size larger
1295 Dentwood Drive
\layout Standard
\align center

\size larger
San Jose, CA 95118
\layout Standard
\added_space_top medskip
For more information, contact our Commitee Chairman, Jeff Spedding at 408-266-45
02 or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
\layout Standard

Check out our web site at http://www.sylvan.com/pack224.

\emph on