Lars Gullik Bj?nnes wrote:

>>>... on your system.
>>
> | Have I missed something?
> | Is LyX developped for one particular system, or a particular
> | subset of systems only?
>
> No.
>
> but your statement "CVS doesn't compile", is not true in general, It
> is only true on your system and systems like that. (And I have no idea
> what kind of system that is.)

FreeBSD, using gcc 3.3.1.

> I'll certainly help getting things to work for you. (Just forget the
> trivial case with the assert.) But the onus will be on you to check
> that a certain "fix" resolves the problem.
>
> In this specific case an include of <cassert> would (should) work.
> Please test it.

Ah, sorry, I have caused unnecessary confusion then.
I tried the <cassert> inclusion first and found it solved the problem.
I then send the email to the list and suggested the change.
However, you preferred "lyx::support::abort", which I do not understand.

So it's my working fix against your preference; and yes, "working"
applies to my system :).
It's then better you choose how to fix it and apply the fix, I think.

Unless you tell me in more detail what your abort-preference actually implies.

R.