Andre Poenitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 05:24:12PM +0200, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
>> Andre Poenitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> | Me too. But I don't have the patch at hand, just the results.
>>
>> Patch enclosed.
>
| Well, I would have liked a 'using std::string' in tex2lyx/*.C better
| than your explicit qualification but I can 'fix' that myself later.

I had to remove the using.. since in tex2lyx both basic_string and
lyxstirng are used... "using std::string" conflicted with "using
lyx::string"

>> | Probably not too many...
>>
>> So your vote is to...?
>
| remove lyxstring.C.

So 3-0 now.

| In lyxstring.h write
>
|       #include <string>
>
|       namespace lyx {
|
|               using std::string;
>
|       }

We can do this for a while, until you have been able to test the
private inheritance stuff. But do you really expect private
inheritance to work better than forwarding? The reason forwarding
didn't work well is that stirngs are used all over, and the complete
type is needed as well. That won't change for private inheritance.

| Drop STRCONV.

Certainly.

--
        Lgb