On Monday 22 September 2003 12:16 pm, Martin Vermeer wrote:
> About the LaTeX stuff here BTW I noticed one unfortunate thing. If you
> try to redefine fboxsep in the preamble, it ends up after the fboxwidth
> definition... should I make that rather a newcommand? Then it is
> called from the inset insertion point i.e. after fboxsep has been
> redefined. LaTeX gurus...?

LyX's preamble stuff creaks rather in cases such as this. Is the "clean"
solution to have Inset::validate pass the prefered position to insert the
preamble stuff. Something like:

class LaTeXFeatures {
        enum InsertionPosition {
                BEFORE_USER,
                AFTER_USER
        }
        void require(string const & name, InsertionPosition=BEFORE_USER);
};

void InsetBox::validate(LaTeXFeatures & features) const
{
        if (params_.type == "Boxed") {
                features.require("fboxwidth", LaTeXFeatures::AFTER_USER);
}

Ditto the calls to LaTeXFeatures::getMacros et al would have an
InsertionPosition arg (these calls are made in bufferparams.C's
BufferParams::writeLaTeX).

Angus