Angus> On Monday 22 September 2003 12:16 pm, Martin Vermeer wrote:
>> About the LaTeX stuff here BTW I noticed one unfortunate thing. If
>> you try to redefine fboxsep in the preamble, it ends up after the
>> fboxwidth definition... should I make that rather a newcommand?
>> Then it is called from the inset insertion point i.e. after fboxsep
>> has been redefined. LaTeX gurus...?

Angus> LyX's preamble stuff creaks rather in cases such as this. Is
Angus> the "clean" solution to have Inset::validate pass the prefered
Angus> position to insert the preamble stuff. Something like:

In this particular case, it would probably be better to allow the user
to define this parameter through the GUI...

Angus> class LaTeXFeatures { enum InsertionPosition { BEFORE_USER,
Angus> AFTER_USER
Angus>  }
Angus>  ... void require(string const & name,
Angus> InsertionPosition=BEFORE_USER); };

I am not sure that we will be easy to do this in a clean way. I fear
that for some people, the thing you think should be before user
preamble should actually be another place for their usage pattern. We
should try to get these things as straightforward as possible.