On Thursday 02 October 2003 2:39 pm, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Lars> Can you remind me: what system have you now been able to compile
> Lars> and run lyx on?
>
> FWIW I am now unable to compile 1.4.0cvs with gcc 2.96. I anticipate
> that this machine will be upgraded to gcc 3.2 in a few months, though
> ;)
>
> It seems difficult to trick the new debugstream implementation into
> working with old-style streams. The idea of debug traits would work in
> the old-style debug stream (I guess), but it is certainly less nice.

Martin has compiled lyx using gcc 2.95, so the limitation is not the compiler
but rather the implementation of the standard library. He got things working
by using the STLport library.

I hear Lars saying that he has an implementation of debugstream that will work
with old-style streams, so I guess that you don't have to go that route too.

Regards,
Angus