On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 10:10:32AM +0100, Mark van Rossum wrote:

> Often I want to send a complete manuscript to a co-author to edit it.
> Of course I send the Lyx file, but in addition I need to send
> - figures
> - special styles files
> - biblio files.
>
> It would be convenient if there were an option to create a tar or zip
> archive with all files included.
>
> If there is already a list of dependencies, it should be easy.
> If not, then it might be tricky....

Would it not be easy to create a shell/perl/python script that would
simply look for all the external file references and create a list
of full paths? Like:

    % lyx_file_includes foo.lyx
    foo.lyx
    img/bar.gif
    misc/foo.fig

And this would enable us to do things like:

    tar cvzf mydoc.tgz `lyx_file_includes foo.lyx`

What do you all think?

--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan  | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)