On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 10:11:06AM +0000, Angus Leeming wrote:
> Andre Poenitz wrote:
>

> > I somehow lost track: Is this in?
>
> Yes.
>
> > If so, does it work with xdvi 22.40h (Stock SuSE 8.1)?
> > If so, how?
> > Andre'
>
> You need two things.
> 1. Either a latex compiler that understands the --src-specials flag or
> the srcltx package. Here, my latex does not understand the flag so I
> installed the package.

--src-specials seems to be supported here.

> 2. A dvi viewer that can pass info back to Jo?o's lyxclient.
>
> xdvi -editor 'lyxclient -g %f %l' your_file
>
> Apparently you need at least xdvi-22.38, so you should be ok.

It seems to be ok.

> Compile lyxclient (in development/lyxsocket), put it in you path and
> you should be away.

Not really. Both ways. The lyxclient does not seems to talk to lyx
properly. Opening $EDITOR from xdvi works fine.

How do I start lyxclient manually if I want to go to a certain line?

 lyxclient -g newfile16.lyx 13

brings up a 'document is already loaded, want to switch' dialog.

The buttons present me with a choice of immediate crash or full freeze.
So it "sort of works", but not really automatic, nor robust...

Andre'