On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Moritz Moeller-Herrmann wrote:

> >> Well, you can turn it off, right? (honest question).
> >
> [...]
> >  * Not having used Word seriously before, I didn't feel like looking
> >    through the menu system in order to disable it.
>
> That is quite unusual and not representative for any power user.

ok... I give up... is the line above a joke? Otherwise I'm confused:

 * What is quite unusual?
   - Not having used Word seriously?
     (isn't that like saying "military intelligence" ;-)
   - Not wanting to look through zillions of menu/dialog levels?
     (and maybe get side-tracked testing interesting settings etc)

 * Power user of what?
   - Lyx?
   - MS Word?

Or do power-users usually don't do spell checking at the end?

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström                           http://www.md.kth.se/~chr