Hi,

Since some time I'm contemplating implementing booktabs a.k.a. tableaux
support for 1.3.x. Would that have a chance to go in, if properly done? I.e.
are any new features allowed into 1.3.x? I might have asked that before, but
have forgotten the answer since :) *

I'm thinking of adding a per-table "Book-style table" checkbox which will
limit what you can do to the table - i.e. no vertical lines, as well as
adding support for top/mid/bottom rule and cmidrule. Since this would rather
trivially extend the file format keeping it 100% upward compatible, it needs
a `cat`-style up-lyxconvert, and a reasonably trivial down-lyxconvert which
I'm willing to write as well - I'm thinking it would simply downgrade the
"nice" rules into obnoxious "standard" ones.

Comments/rants/flames welcome.

Cheers, Kuba Ober

* and I'm too lazy to look for it in the archives. Maybe with some external
coercion :)