Am Montag, 1. März 2004 14:03 schrieb Jean-Marc Lasgouttes:
> Georg> It is easy to start with the #605 part. Sould I separate this
> Georg> out?
>
> I guess it would be a good idea.

I intended to send the patch with this mail, but discovered a problem ;-(

The attached archive contains a lyx file and two eps files:
test_a.eps and test/a.eps. Unfortunately the mangled name of both files is
the same: _home_me_test_a.eps. Therefore the dvi output is wrong, you get
two times test/a.eps instead of a_test.eps and a.eps.
This bug is also in current 1.3cvs.
IMHO it is not a good idea to increase the chance that such a name clash
happens by putting every included file into the same temp directory.

The question now is: How to solve that name clash? It seems that the current
filename mangling needs to be replaced by something else.
One possibility:

or something similar. Or one could change it drastically and simply increase
a counter, as some html converters do: file0, file1, file2 etc.

Opinions?

Georg