On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 06:46:12PM +0000, Angus Leeming wrote:

> Why don't you like
>     while (!finished) {
>         someNonTrivialFunction();
>         if (fl_check_forms() == FL_EVENT) {
>         }
>     }
>
> (I guess that this is what you call a 'busy loop'?)

I think this is fine (assuming that fl_check_forms() only returns when
an event has happened).

Maybe I misunderstood what you wanted to change in Qt. A "busy loop"
would  be one that chewed CPU despite no events arriving.

> An alternative to this strategy would be to
>
> 1. Reap the zombies in the child_handler function

Isn't this what you described in your last mail which I said was fine?

regards
john