Georg Baum wrote:
>> Closer examination showed that the plan was not as good as I
>> thought:
>
> Angus (or anybody else), what do you think?

It's a bit clumsy, but I'm happy to conceed it's needed.

As for naming, why not

/home/angus/parent.lyx
/home/angus/foo/child.lyx
/home/angus/foo/bar/image.fig

image.fig would have:

$$Basename --- "image"
$$Extension --- ".fig"
$$AbsPath --- "/home/angus/"
$$RelPath_Parent --- "bar/"
$$RelPath_Master --- "foo/bar/"

The names are then self explanatory, if verbose.

latex2html conversion needs such a specification of $$Basename if it
is to use the .aux file.

>> I took the part concerning the external template variables out of
>> the patch, since the rest is independent of it. The MakeLaTeXName()
>> stuff is still missing, since the relevant parts will be touched
>> again later. Could somebody please apply the attached? This would
>> make my diffs smaller;-)
>
> What happened to this one? Since nobody complained, I guess this is
> ok? I would like to proceed with the dvi and html export fixes, so
> it would be nice if somebody could apply this ;-) or complain ;-(

I'm happy to apply it, but will have to wait til this evening. If
someone wants to beat me to it... Or give Georg commit priveleges...

--
Angus