Am Mittwoch, 24. März 2004 16:02 schrieb Angus Leeming:
> It's a bit clumsy, but I'm happy to conceed it's needed.

It is clumsy, but I have been annoyed often enough by programs like
powerpoint that change paths from relative to absolute and break things
that I know I don't want lyx to behave like that.

> As for naming, why not
>
> /home/angus/parent.lyx
> /home/angus/foo/child.lyx
> /home/angus/foo/bar/image.fig
>
> image.fig would have:
>
> $$Basename --- "image"

This is nice: The meaning is closer to the shell command "basename"

> $$Extension --- ".fig"
> $$AbsPath --- "/home/angus/"
> $$RelPath_Parent --- "bar/"
> $$RelPath_Master --- "foo/bar/"

IMHO we still need a bit of magic, otherwise we are not able to preserve
absolute file names. For example:

$$AbsPathOrRelPath_Parent --- "bar/"
$$AbsPathOrRelPath_Master --- "foo/bar/"

for "filename image.fig" in parent.lyx and

$$AbsPathOrRelPath_Parent --- "/home/angus/foo/bar/"
$$AbsPathOrRelPath_Master --- "/home/angus/foo/bar/"

for "filename /home/angus/foo/bar/image.fig" in parent.lyx.

$$RelPath_Parent and $$RelPath_Master are not needed for the current
templates, but are maybe useful for something I can't imagine right now.

> > What happened to this one? Since nobody complained, I guess this is
> > ok? I would like to proceed with the dvi and html export fixes, so
> > it would be nice if somebody could apply this ;-) or complain ;-(
>
> I'm happy to apply it, but will have to wait til this evening. If
> someone wants to beat me to it... Or give Georg commit priveleges...

Thanks.

Georg