On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 10:43:28AM +0100, Alfredo Braunstein wrote:
> At last! So we have your word on no more structural changes? :-)
>
> A couple of comments:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > This also moves almost all Cut&Paste specific stuff from text.C to
> > CutAndPaste.C. Much smaller interface now... Namespace CutAndPaste is
> > now  lyx::cap::. Was inconsistent with the rest....
>
> I like this.
>
> > Inline a few accesses to CursorSlice members as suggested by the profiler.
>
> > Replace PosIterator by DocumentIterator. The latter can also iterate
> > through math and nested text in math...
>
> I'd have prefered to leave PosIterator as a wrapper around DocIterator. That
> way we could use ++pos etc (and std::advance). Slimmer patch also :-)

Yes. I was thinking about that but decided to leave this for 'cosmetics
cleanup' later. Right now I was happy to reduce the number of classes to
remember...

> We should do the same for ParIterator.

You could do me a favour by having a look at ParIterator and merge this
with DocumentIterator. Of course a slim wrapper around DocumentIterator
would be fine.

> > Remove all 'manual' update calls. We do now one per user interaction which
> > is completely sufficient.
>
> With the only exception of [out of view] fitCursor probably. I'll try to
> think about a clean solution.

Thank you.

Andre'