On Sunday 04 April 2004 14:09, Nachev, Parashkev C wrote:

> I spoke of
> academia in general because I meant to include those for whom a
> LaTex-based system is not *essential*, and those who have no interest in
> computing. These people will use Word, and persist in struggling with
> its inadequacies, because they find the alternatives too complex to set
> up and use without technical knowledge. Now you may of course feel that
> these people deserve their misery, but surely the whole point of Lyx is
> to make the power of LaTex easily accessible to those who have neither
> the facility nor the wish to understand its technicalities.

The non technical audience of acedemic students and professionals is exactly
the target group for my upcoming book. I think there is a big potential for
LyX among people from social science and humanities who need strong tools for
writing reports but don't care about the computer itself. And with Jurabib
around the corner and a free book (about Linux, KDE, LyX and OOo) I am sure
we can attact a lot of users wih a little evangelism.

-j

--
Roskilde University, Denmark.
Department of Technology and Social Science.