Andre Poenitz wrote:
>> > Is there a possibility to invoke the OK button in dialogs like
>> > Insert->Tabular with the <Return> key?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> > The picture <-' on the button seems to indicate that somebody was
>> > thinking of this possibility at some point of time, but it does
>> > not work for me neither in 1.4.0cvs nor 1.3.5cvs.
>>
>> Works for me for the "tabular create" dialog in both lyx 13x and
>> 14x.
>
> Well, not here. This is fvwm2 but I doubt this is the reason.
>
> Could this be somehow connected to the problem I had with <Return>
> in the minibuffer lately?
>
> What should I do to debug this?

Ok, you asked for this...

This stuff is handled by xforms. Grab the xforms source

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=xforms

The shortcuts are handled in lib/forms.c, here:

static void
fl_keyboard(FL_FORM * form, int key, FL_Coord x, FL_Coord y, void
*xev)
{
    FL_OBJECT *obj, *obj1, *special;

    /* always check  shortcut first */
    if (fl_do_shortcut(form, key, x, y, xev))
        return;

I guess that a few print statements in do_shortcut will reveal more...

--
Angus