Andreas Vox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb am 19.10.04 13:39:58:

> What about this approach:
>
> * change the default for new labels from "sec:blabla" to "sec.blabla"
>   (yes, right now LyX _leads_ the user to have non-standard ids! )
> * have a document setting "enforce standard SGML/XML ids"
> * use the mangling only if the user checks this document setting
>
> Acceptable ?

This is O.K. with me. It does not force the user to accept any
obscure character translation - unless he opts for it!

I always overwrite the standard label, so I never minded that
"sec:blabla" is illegal.

Your solution is acceptable for me. But please don't make the setting
"enforce standard SGML/XML ids" the default one! ;-)

--
Regards

Chris Karakas
http://www.karakas-online.de