Andreas Vox wrote:

> Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

> < What to do if the XFig picture *includes* an EPS figure? Our new,
> < improved handling of the conversion of such XFig files to
> EPS,PSTEX_T < in the tmp directory doesn't work as it did in LyX
> 1.3.x, because the < included EPS figure is not moved.
> < If we have the buffer directory and if we can ascertain the XFig
> code < for 'picture', then it is trivial to use sed to convert this.
> <
>
> XFig processor yes, XSLT processor no ? ;-)
>
> < Is such a strategy possible? Thoughts?
>
> Looks like this is getting a mess. This looks as if LyX has to
> outsmart all possible converters ...

No it doesn't. It means that an *external* wrapper script has the
information necessary to do the job. Individual converters can be as
dumn or as smart as they like.

> Alternative A)
> Leave the xfig file where it is and force all converters to
> understand a '-d' flag for the output directory.

Nope. Bad idea for all sorts of reasons. The main one being that you
are using the directory in which your important files are as a temp
directory in which you process these files. We have an extremely
powerful and successful mechanism to avoid this and it WORKS.

> Alternative B)
> Force the user to register all external files with LyX.

This is indeed a possibility. However, I think it adds (real)
complexity for the benefit of only a few corner cases. Yes, I
consider my own problem to be a corner case. I think that such corner
cases are probably best handled by the controlling script in this
case.

> I would prefer A) if it is feasible.
You're going to be dissappointed then ;-)

--
Angus