Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Martin> Done!
>
> Martin> Works as such :-)
>
> Martin> see attached.
>
> Martin> What next?
>
> Either you commit it right now or you wait a bit until I have time to
> find out how to do this at latex level. I think it is less error prone
> than parsing log files (are we sure the list of languages is always on
> one line?)

No, but that's why we use a loop in the sed script. The list of languages
always ends with 'loaded.', so get the next line if the pattern space
doesn't, remove the embedded new line and go to the 'loop' label. Having
finished looping, either because you've found 'loaded.' or because you've
reached the end of the log file, then print out what you've got, but only
if you found 'loaded.'.

LANGUAGES=`sed -n '/hyphenation patterns/{
:loop
/loaded\.$/!{
$!{
s/\n//