Angus> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
>> A little digression: instead of our current os:: namespace,
>> wouldn't it be better to have a hierarchy of os_foo classes with
>> static methods, so that some environment could inherit others (like
>> cygwin = unix + some stuff). The some of the code from this init
>> method could be moved to os_foo.C files.

Angus> You can't have static virtual member functions, but you could
Angus> have either a "class os" (à la 13x) or a "namespace os" (à la
Angus> 14x) that hid the implementation:

Did I say virtual? I thought of static member functions and os.h would
do

#if in unix
#include "os_unix.h"
typedef os_unix os;