Kayvan A. Sylvan wrote:
>> The GUI stuff is icing that will take 10 minutes; I'm happy to do that.
>> However, I'd prefer to leave the configure stuff to you. Happy?
>>

> Sure. This patch almost works right. LyX now checks the new variable
> (which was set by configure) and does the right thing.
>
> The problem is that it introduces a dependency on the global lyxrc object
> in os_win32.C, which causes lyxclient to not compile.

That's easy. Lots of the stuff in lyxrc.defaults/preferences doesn't get
stored in the LyXRC class. The converters and formats stuff, f.ex. So,
here, I would have:

// LyX 13x
struct os {
        static void cygwin_win32_path_fix_needed(bool);
        static bool cygwin_win32_path_fix_needed();
};

// LyX 14x
namespace os {
        void cygwin_win32_path_fix_needed(bool);
        bool cygwin_win32_path_fix_needed();
}

LyX knows about the stuff in support, but the stuff in support don't know
nothin' 'bout LyX.

> I don't know the right way to fix this. Please take a look and see
> if you can tackle this little piece in addition to the GUI stff.

Will do. Many thanks for doing the grunt work.

--
Angus