Georg Baum wrote:

I see one problem: What happens to the 1.4 documentation? At some point one would need to merge your changes back. Did you consider to leave 1.3 as is and modify 1.4 instead? This would avoid some additional work. IMHO we should not put too much effort in 1.3 anymore but concentrate on getting 1.4 ready.

I started with the UserGuide found in the CVS under lib/docs. I thaught it is the version for LyX 1.4. If not where can I get the right one?

I don't think that install issues belong into the user guide. IMHO they would be better put in an installation manual (that all users of prepackaged versions like the application bundle on Mac or .rpm, .deb etc can ignore). Or maybe put the install issues into an appendix.

You are right. I wrote a section about installing under win and it takes only a half page. That should be enough. A detailed description could be indeed added to a special install manual.

regards Uwe