Herbert Voss wrote:

no, Markus never complained, that his package is part of miktex.
He doesn't like it, when his distribution is split into several
parts, just as MiKTeX does.

That was what I meant.

MikTeX has a different (but very user friendly) package handling in comparison to teTeX that the MikTeX people wouldn't change.

the package handling of MiKTeX is not user-friendly! is is _better_ than nothing

OK its just my opinion. I find it very useful that MikTeX is able to install missing packages on the fly (while a file is texed). This also works while reconfiguring LyX; MikTeX installs all the packages LyX is looking for - very comfortable.
In comparison to teTeX the user haven't to use commands like texhash, it is done in the background without bothering the user.

but MiKTeX handles only packages, which
are part of the MiKTeX base, other packages must be installed
by the user.

I've never had a package that was not in MikTeX's base. The base is also updated every month.

But discussing about the best distribution is useless. Both works very well and in one or two weeks the new teTeX 3 comes out.

The problem is not KOMAscript and not MiKTeX, the problem
are the two maintainers ...

As I'ver heard that's the real point.

VTeX has nothing to do with MiKTeX ...

I know that.