Jose' Matos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > >    What do others use?
> >
> > What others?
>
>   db2latex

Nothing. If it finds an ALT elem with tex code, it puts that in
\ensuremath or \begin/end{displaymath};
if there is a mediaobject it gets displayed without alignment
and otherwise the ALT text is copied verbatim.

> > >   I will close my eyes here.
>
>   There is an  missing here.

GMane versteht keinen Spaà ;-)

> > I did some research. It's in the semantics for "CSS3.lines". CSS2 and
> > CSS1 support valign without length or percentage values (which is not
> > better than the default)
>
>   The problem as usual, it that there aren't many browsers who support the
> complete specification of css3, and probably some of them have bugs (hint:
> exploder). Been there, done that.

Hah! You think I think any browser will support that properly? :-P
I just want to find a way to pass the information to the XML file without
breaking too many standards. How any stylesheets interpret this is up to
them.

> > So, now I think we could declare %local.common.attr to include "style"
> > for all elements and use the CSS3 syntax&semantics.
> > For PNG: style="valign: -7px"
> > For EPS: style="valign: -5%"
>
>   I think that it is not good style to mix relative with absolute measures,
> but then this is just an aesthetic point, so please ignore it.

I think you are right here. We should use the absolute Postscript points from
the bounding box.

> > BTW, I have to more questions:
> >
> > 1. Are there any CSS stylesheets for Docbook XML? I could only find ones
> > for XHTML.
>
>   I have seen some quest recently for CSS stylesheets, I don't remember
> where and the final result though.

Please tell me if you find it again!

Ciao
/Andreas