(please cc me if needed, the users list is enough for me)

Angus Leeming wrote:

Can I suggest that you post minimal latex files of any construct that you find aren't handled well to the lyx-devel list.

There weren't that many things left (as opposed to the relyx-conversion), and some are known issues according to Georg (Baum). The rest were minor issues -- oh, and keep in mind this is with Angus' tex2lyx-win-snapshot from 2 weeks ago, and result is the combined working of tex2lyx and lyx2lyx to open with lyx 1.3.5:

- imports the \thanks-field inside the \title as ERT (imho should be converted to a lyx-footnote which does exactly the right thing for me)

- has problems with my complicated \author-field which causes the pdflatex-output to be different from the original before conversion (graphics and text overlap; can't blame it too much, this includes minipages) -- sorry, don't have time right now for a minimal example with the new tex2lyx, but will be happy to do that if needed.

- \vspace{} is sometimes left as ERT and sometimes converted to lyx-native "space above", should be consistently done

- I used ".\" in the latex file after abbreviations (e.g.: "e.g.\") to tell tex not to insert to much space/stretch after it. In lyx this is ERT, although I guess lyx has a native mechanism for that?

- \pagebreak is left as ERT, could be converted I guess

- minipage again: a relatively complicated page with lots of minipages is not output properly, some overlap is happening

happy hacking and thanks for your work,
sven