Sven Schreiber wrote:

> Here's one, and it's actually worse with the new wiki-version of tex2lyx
> and lyx2lyx than before (Angus' snapshot two weeks ago), because now it
> doesn't compile from lyx (1.3) anymore (gives me 18 errors, two weeks
> ago it just produced overlap of the date and the minipages; compiles
> fine in latex):

You have found a tex2lyx bug that was hidden by a lyx2lyx bug in the former
relase. The last optional argument of your minipage is incorrectly
translated. I'll fix that after the tabular stuff. You can circumvent the
bug by specifying all arguments:

\begin{minipage}[t][1\totalheight]{6cm}
\end{minipage}

> Also, maybe somebody could indicate what exactly the known problems with
> minipages are so that my testing is  more useful, instead of reproducing
> known bugs over and over again.

If you use length variables it may work or may not work. Example:

\begin{minipage}{\mylength}
\end{minipage}

Everything else should work.

Georg