Georg> Am Mittwoch, 16. Februar 2005 22:48 schrieb Angus Leeming:
>> After the third or fourth loop, latex fails to process the file.

Georg> Well, what do you expect? If I specify that a nonexisting
Georg> figure should be included I tell LyX/LaTeX to do something
Georg> impossible. Since I agree in general that playing too many nice
Georg> tricks is bad, I propose the attached patch. The filename can
Georg> of course have the wrong extension and may be relative to the
Georg> child doc instead of the master doc, but I would rather not
Georg> change prepareFile(). Is this patch OK?

I only have one doubt: when running tex2lyx on the file, do you get
the original LyX settings back?