On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 01:01:24PM +0100, Lars Gullik Bj?nnes wrote:

> We cannot have parts of code with GPL and others with artistic-license
> in the _same_ file.

Sure we can. Why not? We merely need to note that certain portions are
licensed under the artistic license as well as the GPL. Note that by
contributing, he was bound by the GPL+xforms license we had, and the
xforms exception doesn't appear to be relevant to what he contributed
to.

Therefore, his contributions are ALREADY probably under the GPL. Anyway,
it's inconvenient, and utterly silly, but there is no disputing that
he's the copyright holder on his contributions.

regards
john