On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 12:33:23PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Amir> I still check lyx.org every few months for nostalgia's sake.
> Amir> Best of luck with the devel efforts, and I'm still waiting for
> Amir> the day that someone tells me I ought to use this brand spanking
> Amir> new WYSIWYM document processor...
>
> Hello Amir, nice to hear from you again!
>
> Amir> -Amir Karger ps Don't know if I ever mentioned to most of you
> Amir> that I got my first job out of grad school because they
> Amir> basically asked just one question at the interview: can you do
> Amir> OO Perl? And I, having learned OO Perl to write reLyX, answered
> Amir> yes!
>
> Currently, one of the hot topics is getting rid of reLyX, since we
> have no perl hacker anymore :)

Actually, we do have at least one (me) but I'm also a python hacker
and a C++ hacker and it looks to me like tex2lyx is doing an increasingly
better job of TeX translation. There seems to be little point in
keeping reLyX around.

                        ---Kayvan
--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan  | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)