Juergen> Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:
>> Perhaps the easiest solution (for 1.3.6) is to disable the QIMEvent
>> stuff for Mac. For 1.4, I think we have to investigate further.
>>
>> Did the qt-immodule problem (bug 1830) occur on Mac or is qt/mac
>> not patched with qt-immodule at all?

Juergen> After some more investigation on the web, I think the safest
Juergen> is to enable it just for Q_WS_X11. It seems that the
Juergen> qt-immodule patches are only available for qt/x11 anyway. See
Juergen> attached.

It is definitely the best solution. About the tests, what about using
#if defined(Q_WS_X11) && QT_VERSION >= 0x030200

You could also define a USE_INPUT_METHODS in QContentPane.h
#if defined(Q_WS_X11) && QT_VERSION >= 0x030200
#define USE_INPUT_METHODS 1
#endif
and use this later. The advantage is to make the meaning of the test
clear.

Juergen> Agreed? Also for 1.4?

Yes.