Bennett> Yes, I have a few modifications to the README.MacOSX file.
Bennett> (And I think it should be renamed to INSTALL.MacOSX.)

OK.

Bennett> In short, I've re-ordered the steps to make things a bit
Bennett> clearer, and made a couple changes to the configuration of
Bennett> lyx: adding -ftemplate-depth-24 (does that need to go in for
Bennett> both CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS? -- I vaguely recall that it does,
Bennett> but I'm not sure),

Why do you need to set that? Doesn't configure do that for you? Note
this will compile without any optimization, which is probably not what
you expect.

Anyway, it is only relevant to CXXFLAGS (C++ feature).

Bennett> and replacing --datadir, --bindir, and --mandir declarations
Bennett> with a --prefix declaration.

Good.

BTW, what shall we do about "LyX" vs. "lyx" for user directory?
Hardcode to "LyX"?