Michael Gerz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> if you place the cursor in front of a vspace inset, it is displayed way
> too high.

Did you try different vspace values (very large, very small)? I am not sure
whether this behaviour is on purpose or not.

> I had a look at method "metrics" in insetvspace.C which IMHO is a bit
> confusing (and partially wrong - Why is size set to 10 initially?

This is not needed, but does no harm either.

> Why do
> we decrease the font size twice but compute some values in between?)

Because it was only one step until recently. When I included the text width
in metrics I did change the original code as little as possible because I
did not want to dig in the details of the vertical metrics.

Georg