On Sunday 18 September 2005 19:51, Bo Peng wrote:
> >   World is a small place, really. I have seen your contributions around
> > several places lately (R, rpy, ...) :-)
>
> Well, I make a living on python, r, rpy and lyx. I make contributions
> only to make my own life easier. :-)

  I have packaged rpy to Fedora Extras, and I would like to thank you for your
work there. It helped the packaging a lot. :-)

> >   What is the minimum required python version for your script?
> >   As Angus said we are still aiming to python 1.5.2 compatibility, not
> > something that I like but something necessary to deal with older systems.
>
> mkstemp is used for the cygwin path detection, which is new to python
> 2.3. popen is used but "it is not stable under windows prior to python
> 2.0". mkstemp can be easily replaced by using explicit temp file name
> but someone has to run the script with python 1.5.2 to tell the
> compatibility of other parts.

  I know, we have decided to proceed since this code is supposed to be only
run in windows and there the above argument does not apply. I would guess
that every new install will have at least python 2.3 installed. :-)

--
José Abílio