> > May it be a good idea to compile  .py files to windows .exe files
> > under windows?
>
> Because you can't reaaly do that?

That is too bad. I guess such 'exe'ification is used only  to hide the
implementation details and simplify installation by wrapping
everything into an exe file.

> It might be possible to create a LyX distribution for Windows that
> included a Python interpreter to handle the .py files.

This is not a bad idea since we only need a small proportion of the
standard python distribution. If we can add a Python interpreter and
convert.exe to lyx/win, we then only need to install tetex separately.
This is reasonable since lyx is considered as a wrapper/GUI for latex.

Bo