--- Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> of
>
> Luis,
>
> I've made available a new version of tex2lyx for Windows that should
> work on
> Win95 and Win98. Get it from
>
> http://wiki.lyx.org/uploads/LaTeX/tex2lyx/tex2lyx_win32_26sep05.zip

I downloaded the file, and it works fine on Win98. Unfortunately, on
win95 keeps crashing.  The crash window runs as follows:

`The TEX2LYX.EXE file is linked to missing export
KERNEL32.DLL:GetFileAttributesExA'

> Moreover, the attached patch should allow the code to be compiled on
> Cygwin as
> well as on MinGW. I'd be interested to see whether the
> cygwin-compiled binary
> runs on Win95/Win98 too,

Applied the patch as you suggest, and it compiles fine on both MinGW
and cygwin.  However, there are differences.  *My* mingw installation
makes a much smaller exe (by about 1Mb); and it doesn't run either on
win95: same kernel32.dll problem; the cygwin compilation works fine on
cygwin, and even on win95, provided the relevant libraries (cygwin1.dll
and cygz.dll) are somewhere in the path.  So it seems that on win95 the
link to `native' kernel32.dll is still messed up...

> although it appears that there's a bug that
> will
> prevent you from running tex2lyx in-place; you'll have to use the
> installed
> binary C:/Program File/LyX-1.4/bin/tex2lyx.exe (or similar)

Didn't detect anything unusual on this side.  No need to install or
move anything around.

End of report.

Perhaps you could ask [EMAIL PROTECTED] to check whether it works on his
win98/ME machines.

Greetings.

Luis.

Yahoo! for Good