Hello,

I want to report that LyX 1.4.0pre2 compiles and runs succesfully on
cygwin+xwin+MiKTeX...

However, there seems to be a problem with pch and nls.

A first shot at it, running

./configure --with-frontend=xforms --with-extra-prefix=/usr/local
--without-latex-config

reported something missing with precompiled headers.  So I removed it
and tried

./configure --with-frontend=xforms --with-extra-prefix=/usr/local
--without-latex-config --disable-pch

And then it failed almost at the end of compilation. I attach
config.log and error.log reporting the errors...

I assume it is my fault, since I don't know exactly how to install nls
support.  However, I think ./configure should report it, to keep people
away from assuming nls will be working.

Anyway, I went ahead and tried

./configure --with-frontend=xforms --with-extra-prefix=/usr/local
--without-latex-config --disable-pch --disable-nls

...and bingo!  It compiled, installed, ran, imported/exported, and even
bindist!  The problem: internationalization was removed.  I don't mind
using the English GUI, but somebody would...

End of report.

Cheers,

Luis.

Please avoid sending me Word, Excel, or PowerPoint attachments.
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files are unreliable, unmaintainable, and unsafe.
Try some open format instead.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/open_format

J.L.Rivera

Yahoo! Music Unlimited