Johann Kellerman wrote:

> A couple of problems.
>
> When installing it over the previous 1.3.6 the configure step during
> setup fails and lyx has to be closed and opended again to configure.
> Doing it this way gives completely unreadable fonts in all the
> dialogs - looks likes 'Algerian' font. The fonts on the menu bars is
> also a very bold font.
>
> Removing the old lyx dir and installing fresh: Once again configure
> failed. and Lyx wouldn't even start this time - textclass.lst not
> found.
>
> Going back to 1.3.6...
>
> Copied the new qt-mt3.dll to lyx 1.3.6 and got the same font issues.
> At least reconfigure seems to work.

Thanks, Johann.

Stephen Harris has given me a detailed prescription on how to
reproduce the textclass.lst problem.

The font problem? I suspect that's simply down to the fact that the
code that LyX uses to find the default fonts isn't working. Known
bug. Once you specify the fonts explicitly in the Edit->Preferences
dialog, you'll be OK.

Anyway, clearly more work needed :(

--
Angus