[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
first i install software lyx, and run, but i had problem with view View→PDF or View--> PS, (view->dvi run) i search for resolver it i see http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyX136 and old version lyx win page, but at the end, on the bar menu view, i not see view->dvi ), i think to uninstall lyx, and install it but,
not run, there is a message tell me see chkconfig.ltx...

There may be two separate problems here. I'm assuming that you are running Windows XP or Windows 2000; if not, the following may not work. First, you should uninstall LyX and reinstall it. After uninstalling and before reinstalling, use Windows Explorer to go to C:\Documents and Settings\your_id\Application Data (replacing your_id with the id under which you are logged in). If there is a directory named lyx there, delete it and everything in it. Also, make sure that everything in the directory where you installed LyX (C:\Program Files\LyX?) is deleted. It should then be safe to reinstall.

The lack of View->DVI usually indicates that the LyX configuration script had problems finding a working copy of LaTeX. There are two LyX installers out there. The one I think you used checks for several packages and offers to take you to a download page for each if you don't have them installed. You *must* have a working LaTeX installed to use LyX. Note that the LyX installer does not install MiKTeX or any other LaTeX for you; you have to do that yourself. There is also a comprehensive installer available that installs LyX, MiKTeX and all other essential packages.

Paul