----- Original Message ----- From: ""Lars Gullik Bjønnes"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org>; <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2005 5:40 AM
Subject: [prerelease] LyX 1.4.0pre3

This is the third pre-release of LyX 1.4.0.

This is getting close to what will be in the final release, only some
speed issues, documentation updates and some small other stuff is
likely to be changed after this.

As always this is pre-release code, and must be handled as such. Be
sure to backup your important stuff.

Please report all issues with these packages to
lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org

ftp://ftp.devel.lyx.org/pub/lyx/pre/lyx-1.4.0pre3.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.devel.lyx.org/pub/lyx/pre/lyx-1.4.0pre3.tar.bz2

--
Lgb

Before I used Michael Girz' instructions to compile LyX1.4.0 cvs
which are fairly involved. I was able to install lyx1.4.0pre3 though,
without any editing, just docs: Install_Win32, build_lyxwin.sh and
package_lyxwin.sh. It took a fair amount of disk space and memory.

The LyX config directory under Application Data seemed smaller
than the LyX directory that was created by LyX137_pre5 which
also allows calm typing and spellchecking. (I used msys/mingw.)

My new impressions include liking the design of the toolbars/menu,
the change tracking feature, and I was surprised that it installed so
easily as these instructions didn't work for me with the cvs download.
I suppose that likely was my error.

Regards,
Stephen